Thursday, September 18, 2008

UDATE ON OUR LIVES.

Thought you all might like to have an update on Stan's condition. As most of you know he had triple by-pass surgery on December 6. He is doing great! He's lost 72 pounds and is sticking to his diet. He goes to the cardiac rehab in Provo everyday (except for Saturday and Sunday) and exercises. I think the surgery really gave him a scare. I know it did all of our family. Too bad it takes something so drastic to bring us to our senses. He says the weight loss has left him a wrinkled up old man, but I'll take that as long as he is still with us.

He has been called as the first counselor in the High Priest group. We are still working in the Provo Temple every Saturday from 4:00 - 8:20. We really love working in the temple and look forward to it every week. We have met some really neat people there and have had some great experiences.

We spend our retirement time tending grandchildren and spending time with our kids. We are still thinking about a mission but nothing definite yet. We need to wait until Stan is fully recovered and that takes about a year.

We are expecting another grandchild. Tara and Brian are having a baby. This will make number four for them and number twelve grandchild for us. Just can't get enough of those littel angel's.

That's about it for us. I'll try and post a picture of the family so you can see how much they have grown, etc. I can't believe my Robby turned 40 this past Christmas. I am really old!!! Everyone was here except for Dana's family this summer and two of Robby's kids. But you can see most of us.

4 comments:

Berke and Cassy said...

You guys have such a great family. I keep telling Steph that I am jealous of how much you guys do together. I love seeing all the pictures and catching up with old friends;)
Cassy

Kale and Rowdy said...

I peeked too! I miss seeing Stan riding his motorcycle around town. That is one of my favorite memories. Anyway, nice pictures. It IS nice to see everyone. Maybe we'll run into each other in the mall again sometime.
Kale

Tara said...

Okay, I couldn't resist leaving a comment and turning this into the HADDOCK'S stalking page! You might want to lock up after we get through.....Just kidding. I loved your grandma bragging! FUN! Tell Stan he was one of my funnest teachers ever (and yes, I learned something too)!
Tara

JJ and Stephanie said...

Hey Mom Tag your it. Don't worry I'll help ya out;-]